December 4, 2005

Come, come quickly!
CPT information

Here are some resources, activities, and letters you might consider sharing or participating in, regarding the members of the Christian Peacemaker Teams who were taken hostage in Iraq. Thanks to Lorcan for helping stir me out of my slumber...

Blessings,
Liz

  • LATEST ADDITION, 13 Dec 2005: blog from former CPTer and CPT founder, Peace Talk

  • ADDITION: a worthwhile blogpost from Amanda

  • the website for Christian Peacemaker Teams

  • news about Canadian James Loney

  • news about Canadian Harmeet Singh Sooden

  • news about Briton Norman Kember

  • news about American Tom Fox

  • a website for helping free the kidnapped Peacemaker Team members, written by personal friends of American Tom Fox

  • Lorcan's own open letter and some surprising responses to Lorcan's open letter, on Aljazeera--some of these responses might wake more of us up to the variety of perspectives of the United States

  • another list of additional resources

  • Tom Fox's blog, Waiting in the Light

  • . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist.

    Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew.

    Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant.

    Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.


    - by Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

    1 comment:

    Lorcan said...

    Blessings of peace to thee dear Friend. A message came to me in meeting today, what is it to walk through the valley of death and fear no evil? Certainly, Tom and his companions share all our human fears, but I am sure they fear no evil. Evil, as Aquinas said, is a void, an absence of love, of light, empty. I know that Tom is filling that void with love. In South Africa, when they would come to take the condemend ANC members to the gallows, their comrads would sing, "Courage Brother, we walk beside you." We walk beside Tom as we fill that void, as he does with love. God grant he walks home to his family and friends.
    In God's love
    lor